Legal Aid Lawyers

If you have been held at a police station and placed under arrest, you are entitled to free legal advice and representation, this is not means tested. Further to this, should your case be pressed and you are at risk of prosecution, but are unable to cover the cost of legal services, you may be able to make use of legal aid to cover your legal costs.

Here at JD solicitors we have a team of solicitors and barristers to call upon and work with clients on a legal aid basis for those with criminal defence trials that are eligible in England or Wales.

We cover issues including;

  • Criminal Defence
  • Motoring Offences
  • Financial Law
  • Drug Offences
  • Sexual Offences

Let Us Represent You

Here at JD Solicitors, we can provide legal aid services for your case if you are eligible. Please fill out the form below and one of our team will be in touch.

How You Can Get Free Legal Advice

The Police must tell you about your right to legal representation when you are arrested, in this instance you can;

  • Ask for JD Solicitors
  • Tell the police you would like legal advice – they will contact the defence solicitor call centre on your behalf

Once you have requested legal advice, the Police will usually no longer be allowed to question you until you have representation, except in certain circumstances.

If you request JD Solicitors, the Police will contact the defence call centre on your behalf and request for JD to be appointed to represent you.

Are You Eligible For Legal Aid?

Whether you qualify for legal aid will depend on the type of case you’re at risk of being prosecuted for and your financial circumstances.

In criminal cases, you are entitled to free legal advice if you’re questioned at a Police Station regardless of means. You are also automatically entitled to legal aid if;

  • Under 18
  • Over 18 and claiming certain benefits
  • Dependent upon the severity of allegations and charges
  • Those who are on low income employment
  • If the case is going to Crown Court and you are in employment, there is still a way to receive legal aid. 
Please contact us to speak to one of our specialist solicitors

Legal Aid Forms

Please click on the links to complete the online legal aid declaration form. We will only be acting for you once we have accepted your case. Completing the forms does not constitute us accepting instructions. Guidance for completing CRM14 and CRM15.

Along with completing the above forms, you will need to provide us with at least the following:

  • 3 months of wage slips
  • 3 months of bank statements
  • If you have other sources of income please provide all supporting documents such as companies, self-employed income – see the explanatory guidance for applicants.
  • Details of your national insurance number 

If you or your partner are on benefits, please provide us with your national insurance number(s) and details of the benefits which you are receiving.